Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Daffodil Delight, so delightful



I tried something a bit different with my new Lacy Brocade embossing folder. You will find it in the Holiday Mini catalog, a wonderful addition to your embossing folders.
I stamped the Elements of Style image onto Whisper White cardstock, then ran it throught the Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade folder, but I put it in with the stamped image what would normally be the underside of the folder, creating a deboss.  It made such a pretty quilt look.
I cut the bottom using the Scallop edge punch, then layered it over Raspberry Ripple CS, which is layered over the white card. Stamped the sentiment on Daffodil Delight CS and used the Decorative label punch, also cut one out of Raspberry Ripple and off set it under the Daffodil Delight. I added 3 rhinestones on the side.
The ribbon is Whisper White seam binding. I put 2 holes in the front side and brought it up from behind. Not my best idea, it turned out to be a bit difficult gluing it the embossed image down.

So, my Tip for today is to play with embossing folders, there are lots of ways to use them. By stamping first then running it through with the deboss side as the front, I created a whole new look.
Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

TenSGal said...

Beautiful! The embossed background looks so rich and elegant. Very pretty!
I did an SU card today, too. Great minds thing alike! :)