Monday, July 8, 2013

Mojo Monday 301, SU Thinking of you





Good morning.  It's monday again and you know what that means.  Another sketch from Mojo Monday.   Believe it or not, this one took some thought, well, maybe because I start on them at 6am, ya think?  I normally wait until a lot more normal time. 

I wanted to try something I have been seeing lately, I almost did 2 colors on my oval, but I decided one would work better for this. I stippled the color on using a stipple brush and my ink pad in Coastal Cabana.

I started with a Crumb Cake card base, sure hope they never, ever get rid of this color, it is just so usable.
I cut a width of Soft Suede and left it a little longer then I needed so I could punch the edge and then trim so it looked the best.  Then I used a piece of Early Espresso patterned paper from the Neutrals collection DSP pad.  I made a small cut in the center bottom of that piece and then cut at an angle on both sides to get my banner end.
I layered that with Coastal Cabana Core'dinations from the 12x12 pack of incolors. I used a piece of sand paper on the Core'dinations piece to rough it up a bit and take some of the color off.
After I stippled color on my oval, and stamped the flower from Best of Flowers stamp set, I used the sponge and pad and went around the edges a bit to define them.

I stamped my sentiment from Sweet Essentials and added a bow from Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta ribbon. I liked the darker color for interest.

Here is this weeks sketch.




The Best of Flowers set, it's not in the catalog so you might want to jot down the number, or it can be found on the SU web site. The flower circled in pink is the new one in this set. 133342 Clear.




Thanks once again for stopping in.

2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Love the colors! So soft and pretty!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous!