Thursday, November 21, 2013

PPA 180 and the 10 Days of Christmas, Day 9

You know how when you think of Christmas, we all picture sleding on pretty fresh snow? That was my intent with this card.

Sometimes it can be hard using a template, and I struggled with this one. To me, it looks like that pretty snowy scene at Christmas time.
What do you think?

I started with an Island Indigo base and sized this one at 5x5". I haven't made an envelop for it yet, but I will soon. The new envelop punch board makes that possible, now I can have envelops for these square cards.

I used Winter Frost Designer series paper on the bottom (132341) Holiday catalog, and embossed a piece of white for the top using the new Pretty print embossing folder (132175) holiday catalog, for the top, I ran the brayer with Island Indigo ink on it over the top for some color.

The ribbon is Pool Party seam binding, and after stamping and coloring the snowman (Best of Snow) (134387), I cut him out using the xl oval punch. I inked the edges using Island Indigo.

I added 2 pieces of silver glimmer paper over slightly larger Island Indigo  and stamped the sentiment, Embellished Events, and cut banner ends on one end and adhired using a candy dot.



Hope you enjoy.  And come back tomorrow for #10.

4 comments:

TenSGal said...

Just gorgeous, Lynn! Love that background you did with your brayer....really pretty!

Susan

Michelle Quinno said...

Pretty card, Lynn!

Sandie Conner said...

I love the silver glimmer that you added, such a sweet card. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

Patti MacLeith said...

Lovely sparkles, Lynn! Thanks for playing at PPA this week. See you next week!