Thursday, June 12, 2014

SU Pals Paper Arts Challenge 207


Hello....  We are doing Red/white and blue today.   My favorite color combo of all time.





Since Midnight muse has retired I used Night of Navy, it's better for patriotic ideas anyway.

I put a bit of rubbing alcohol (don't use the other kind, it's just a waste of good drinking alcohol, save that for sitting and sipping while you stare at your gorgeous card.) and added a few drops of refill ink.
Add until you like the color you are getting.  After it was dry I sponged just a bit more on the edges too.
I stamped my cupcake and punched using the cupcake builder punch, added a piece of Night of Navy paper cut with a banner end, then two pieces of ribbon. The red is the new cotton ribbon, so soft and pretty, and the other is the new crochet ribbon, glued my cupcake onto a piece of white punched using the xl Oval punch. Stamped my sentiment at the bottom and added some bling, Rhinestones and Candy dots.

Thanks for stopping by.  To check out any of the products I've used just click on the graphics below. It will take you to my store where you can look around, find out more and buy if you like.


7 comments:

TenSGal said...

Very pretty, Lynn! I love red, white and blue as a color combo, too! this card is a winner!

Susan

Mike said...

Beautifully done Lynn. Can't explain it but the whole card kind of has a cupcake feel to it! YUM!

Tehachap said...

I never thought of coloring those lace doilies! Neat idea! Thanks!

Tehachap said...

Never thought of coloring those paper lace doilies--nice touch! Thanks!

Peggy Noe said...

Such a sweet card Lynn! Cupcakes are always "sweet"! Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Beth Beard said...

You made me laugh out loud about the alcohol! Too funny. Love how you colored the doilies.Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week Lynn!

Diana Jackins said...

Yes, me too, Beth. Beauty of a card thanks for shushing Lynn. The doilies are do pretty colored etc.