Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stampin Up, PPA 238, A color challenge


Todays card is a special one. I am sending this one to a good friend in another state who I miss a lot. She and I stamped together for years before I moved away, and she has been struggling with living with her husband knowing that any day could be his last for well over a year now.

I think some fun mail in her mailbox is in order, I know I sure do miss her.

I used watercolor paper for my tree, I inked up the stamp and give it just one quick spritz with the mister with water. I also used the Window collection Framelits to frame my tree.
So, here are our colors this week. Come, join in, you'll be amazed at how addicting it can be and how much fun. I decided this needed to be a square card, so I needed to make myself an envelop to send it in.  I think this one works, I didn't have  a sheet of DSP that was just right, so, I added my pink to this one with my blendie pen.

Here is a photo of the card with the  envelop.
Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! The pink frames set everything off perfectly!

Unknown said...

Lynn, this is such a pretty card. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Dawn Tidd said...

Lynn, your friend is going to love this! I love how you used the color challenge this week. Thanks so much for joining us!

Anonymous said...

I really like the effect with the mist!

Susan Itell said...

Lynn… I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I know that this card will brighten her day when she receives it! Once again you did a fabulous job. Thanks for playing the color challenge this week! You always brighten my day.