Friday, September 18, 2015

Stampin Up, Festival of Tree Watercolor Christmas


Todays card was a class card. I taught them a tiny bit of watercolor. They did great, it was a small sample and easy and fun to do.

The circle is watercolor paper. I wet the top where I wanted sky with a brush and then used my Aqua Painter to pick up some color from an ink pad. In this case it was Marina Mist, you can do darker if you want it to look more like night.

When it was dry, I inked up my stamp with Mossy Meadow, stamped once right where that popped up one is, then up some and off to the sides without reinking. Then I  used another piece of paper and stamped another tree, used the ornament piece from the set and did that in Real Red, then I used my Versa mark pad and silver embossing powder and added the tinsel looking stamp and embossed.

Use your dimentials and raise it up on top of the first tree you stamped.

Here is a close up of detail.


I used the new Snowfall embossing folder in Whisper White over the base card in Mossy Meadow.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card....Miss being able to come to the group. You always have such great projects and a great group of people...x