Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stampin Up, Just playing with Christmas cards

It has been quite a long time since I've been able to just play at making cards without pain.  I sat down yesterday and did just that. Of course Christmas is coming and those of us that make our cards need to get an early start.

Since I am also a demo, I need to start even earlier. We started on our cards in class last month. Out of 3 cards, we just did one Christmas, this month, I am thinking maybe two.

I've had this set for quite a while new, but there was so many other challenges and a new annual catalog and Convention that I'm just now playing with it.  There is nothing I love more then die cut pieces with all kinds of detail like this one!

And the vellum Designer series paper underneath is to die for! So much prettier in person, it shines like crazy.

TIP: When attaching vellum try to find spots that will be covered like with ribbon or a candy dot, and use Glue dots. In this case besides behind the ribbon, I put them under the wider strips of red.

Here is a close up of the glimmer paper:


This set is gorgeous and comes in a bundle with the framelits, you will use it year after year.  I know I'm not going to be letting go of mine.

I hope I inspired you, and thank you for stopping by.


No comments: