Monday, November 23, 2015

Stampin Up, Global Design Project #012


This week we are to CASE a card done by Brian King.  Actually they just want you to take away some inspiration from Brian's card and create one of your own from something on his card.

So, here is mine. I loved the snow scene, especially the snowflake background, faintly showing.
I added my snow piles, I cheated, I used the Sleigh Ride thinlit set to create the shape, and just trimmed off the part of the design sticking up.

I think it's a very peaceful scene, something I seem to be aiming for a lot this year. I think we can all use some peaceful times with everything going on in our world and especially our country.

The silver tree is silver embossed with a silver foil star and the snow flakes are made using a versamark pad.    If you haven't tried it, you get a very tone on tone look, no matter what color your cardstock is.

Thanks for checking in. I hope both Brian and my cards are giving you some inspiration of your own.


8 comments:

Jennifer Michalski said...

Lynn, this is such a beautiful card! I love the trees, they are so wintery :)

Paula Dobson said...

Hi Lyn, It was hard to go past the snowy scene Brian created on his card. Your version is lovely too. What a great idea to use the Sleigh Ride edgelits to create your rolling snow banks! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

Brian King said...

You are right, Lynn - this card is peaceful and serene. Nice work with these trees - such a beautiful card. I'm so glad that you played along with my CASE the Designer challenge this week at the Global Design Project. Thanks!

Jess said...

Gorgeous work Lynn! I love the soft colours you've used to create this calm, wintry scene. Thanks so much for playing along with us at GDP again this week!

horizonview said...

Another lovely card, Lynn! I did not see a link to Brian's card or GDP ... but a Google search quickly found the site for me. Of course I subscribed ... sigh. Some day I will participate in all these challenges! Are participants to use only SU products? It doesn't say. NOT that I have time now to post my creations to my blog. I've not done PL since completing February! Thanks. Lynn M.

Stampin' Dolce said...

Great card! reminds me of Brian and the sketch - two points!

PJ said...

Very nice card. I think you captured the idea perfectly. I too tried to make a card for the challenge and posted it on my blog at: http://victoryfirst.blogspot.com/ This is so much fun meeting other people that enjoy stamping and blogging..

Unknown said...

Pretty card, Lynn. Reminds me of a quiet snowy night. I can see the inspiration you derived form Brian's card. Thanks or playing along with Global Design Project.