Thursday, November 19, 2015

Stampin Up, Playing with the Poinsettia punch


This was one of my cards for class this week.  I wanted to show them the ins and outs of the Festive Flower punch.  It's called that because it doesn't just make a poinsettia, if you turn the pieces around they become more rounded and can be used for any flower idea.

You start with a circle, I used a 1 1/4" circle punch for this one,  a larger circle will allow for a larger flower as you can bring them out more and add layers, you can also add dimentionals in between to bring it up higher.  The leaves can be put down first on top of the circle, or you can lay down petals until you are happy with it, then put the leaves under the circle.

The leaves can also be petals, making for a larger flower.  I have seen so many beautiful flowers made. I think my favorite was one that was vellum, the vanes were stamped and embossed and color was added to the back side of the petals and leaves.

I rarely make a single sheet card.  But I think this one works well and I kept it small for mailing.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've given you some inspiration.

No comments: