Thursday, June 9, 2016

Stampin Up, Pals Paper Arts sketch #304 Sympathy



I rarely post a Sympathy card.  I just do not make them until I need one. I guess I'm always hoping I won't have to  make another one.  But reality is, I'm making more and more of them. So, I decided with the advent of this wonderful sentiment set, to post one for the challenge.

The blue is our new Dapper Denim, I love it! And it is so beautiful with Crumb Cake. Of course most colors go with Crumb Cake, but this one is really nice.   I sure don't know what I'd do without CC, hope it's here for a long, long time.

Colors for this card are, Crumb Cake, Dapper Denim, and Garden Green.

I combined the Heartfelt Sympathy stamp set with the fern from Butterfly Basics and used the Woodgrain embossing folder for one layer.  I stamped the fern on vellum CS and rounded the corners. It seemed to want that.

The sentiment set is cut out using the new Layered square framelits. These are wonderful. 4 sets of framelits to allow you to mix and match scalloped and regular squares, and also you can decide how much room between them you want.  I wanted my scallops to just peek out here.

Thanks for stopping by, I sure hope you enjoyed.


2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch Lynn! Your creative mind must go nonstop. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Lynn! The colors are so serene. Although no one likes to create a sympathy card, this one will surely comfort the recipient. Thanks for playing with the PPA Sketch Team this week!