Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stampin Up, Playing with Blossoms and Bliss



And a happy Sunday to you!  Hubby is gone for the day, so I've been playing. I've been itching to get my hands dirty using Bunch of Blossoms stamps, the Blossoms punch and the Blooms and Bliss DSP, all are just so gorgeous and so much fun to play with.

For awhile I played with the leaves to see how I wanted the 3 step stamping to end up, or even if I wanted all 3.  Or you can just use the leaf outlines stamp on colored paper.

I've seen lots of people who can't seem to find a purple to go with the new Sweet Sugar Plum. That is because it isn't really purple.  I used it with Rich Razzleberry here.  If you look at both colors together, you will notice that Sugar plum is a much lighter color of Rich Razzleberry.  I think it looks gorgeous here.

I was tempted to use the flip side of this DSP, it's so pretty with all kinds of blooms all over in the colors I used here, but I was bothered by the busy aspect and after putting my flower together, I turned it over and found it was so pretty on this side.

Tip for the best way to put your flower together:  Get a silicone mat, put glue down on it, then start layering your flower.  The flower will come right off when you are done.

After my flower was done, I placed it without glue and then stamped in my leaves. I only used the one outline leaf stamp, you can do three with them just like the flowers if you want.
I hope you enjoyed.  I used to do more of my own work without starting with challenges so often, and I seem to be getting back to that some.  I really enjoy it as my mind can just flow. I'm ok as long as it doesn't flow too far.


No comments: