Thursday, July 7, 2016

Stampin Up, Pals Paper arts challenge #308, Best Birds


With all the fabulous stamps, tools and bundles in the Stampin Up annual catalog this year, I'm having a horrible time getting anything but stamping done.   I want to get some table runners quilted for Christmas, but I can't drag myself away from the stamp desk.

This is a sketch Challenge from Ann Schach.  If you didn't come here from the PPA challenge, you will have to go over and check it out. Ann makes the most stunning cards!

This card was made using the Best Birds bundle.  So many great stamps and dies. Then there is the Banner for you Bundle.  These banner shapes are fantastic.   TIP: you can made a photopolymer stamp fit the shape by just bending it onto the block, when done, and you want to original shape back, just give it a toss onto the desktop and it will straighten back out.

Colors: Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Basic black, and Peek a boo peach.
I used Wisteria Wonder ink on the same color paper for my tone on tone look.

I used the new Petals embossing folder in Peekaboo peach for the background.   And don't you just love the new layering framelits?  We can finally, and easily, get what ever sizes we want. I love my sizes really close without that large space most of the time, and this set is great for that as well as being about to use reg edge or scallop edge in as many layers as you want.

For my circle with my bird I used Water color paper, then stamped my bird using a permanet ink, then colored in using my ink pads and Aqua Painter brush.  

Thanks for checking out my card, go here to see the rest of the team's cards, and/or add one of your own. Or simply click on the PPA link in the right hand side bar.


1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used a purple panel with your colors! Beautifully done!