Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 248 Brighter Days



Today I decided to go with a sketch for Freshly made Sketches. It's been quite a while since I've done one there and I might have gone a bit overboard with the embossing folder, but.......................

Cute and simple sketch. If you love making clean and simple cards then this is the challenge for you.
I used the Petals folder and colored it by using my brayer on the background side.   Try both sides of your folders, you never know what you might discover.

I used one of the Host sets in the new annual catalog for this, Gift of Love, but the sentiment is from Weather Together, which came just in time as I was finishing up my card.
I used the Layering Ovals and sponged some color on the outside of the oval.

I hope you like.  Thanks for stopping.

Colors for this are: Whisper White Elegant Eggplant and Mint Macaron. The flower is watercolored onto Watercolor paper.   But it is a 2 step stamp so you don't have to.


4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well Lynn I love the background you created! Looks like stone.....beautifully done and a perfect backdrop for those gorgeous flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Terri Orr said...

Really love this card, Lynn! The brayering on the backside of that folder cast it in a whole new light for me, so now it's a "gotta have", instead of a "maybe". Excellent coloring on the image, too!

Michelle Quinno said...

Nothing overboard about that pretty panel! Did you just ink the folder? Looks beautiful!!

Karren said...

Beautiful embossed background and a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.