Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Joyful Christmas

I've been really busy lately making quilted Christmas table runners for gifts, but I came up for air a couple times and needed to play with paper for a bit.  So, this isn't a challenge card, just my own play time. I used to post more cards that were not connected with challenges, but sometimes I just love the push to do something I might not have otherwise done, plus if you are going to play with paper it makes it even more fun if more people see it, right?

This background is NOT DSP, I made it myself and I think it worked out wonderful. Very simple too. I took Emerald Envy CS and simply stamped all over using one of the stamps from Christmas Pines, then I used the little Star/snowflake/dot background and my Whisper White pad.

I stamped my image using a versamark pad and Gold embossing powder then used my Aqua Painter to fill in color, using my ink pads. Just press down on the cover to transfer some ink to the lid, open pad and using the Aqua Painter pick up some ink.  Just be careful not to press down too hard so you break your lid.

Gold foil DSP was used under the image piece, then I stamped my little banner piece and inked the edges with Real Red. 

Oh and BTW, the Gold cording comes in a 3 pack with Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green, and the Gold especially is stunning!  It looks like shiny chain with the twisted cords that make up the twine and it catches the light so beautifully.  I think I'm going to have to order more!


2 comments:

Shirl said...

Lovely card and that b.g. is fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration and enabling too, lol..........

Shirl

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thanks so much Shirl! You made my night.