Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Noel, A Christmas Card for the MojoMonday#477 Challenge


Another day, another challenge card.  I think I still need a few more cards too.  Anyway, this was a neat sketch, but one of those I had to really think about. If you put two things together to make one card face, they really need to compliment each other.

I have been looking for an excuse to use this DSP, Fancy Frost.  It is pre embossed paper all in white that you can use as is or color.  It's a great use for the new soft brayers.  However, mine were in transit so I just sponged on the color by hand.

My colors are Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Tempting Turquoise.   I know, TT is a very strong color, but if you use a light hand it can look like this.  Surprised me too.  I did some googling for alt Christmas colors, and it seems like at least for this year, the Bone, turquoise and white combo is very in.   I don't have bone, I have Very Vanilla, but that is not bone, I choose to go more to the brown with Crumb Cake. Brown and blues do very well together.

I cut one piece from my Fancy Frost design the size I needed it and then cut for the sketch. It is not down the middle, but slightly off set from the middle. Here is the sketch so you can see.
So here you can see the offset of the sketch.   I used my sentiment as the piece across the bottom and rimmed the front using gold foil.

I hope this has given you just a bit of inspiration, that would make me very happy.  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

Marisa said...

Beautiful ornament die!! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!