Saturday, January 14, 2017

Be my valentine, part 1


Wow, I took a look at Pinterest today and I see why it's loaded with cards from this set! It's soooo much fun to play with. So many ideas running through my head.   I got 3 cards done today, all red and white, but there are a couple other colors I am dieing to try out with it, they will have to come later.

My first one using the Sending Love DSP stack, (6x6").  Actually all 3 of these use that stack. I also got into the gold glimmer paper, just too much fun!  I love these heart dies!  The one with the raised edges I couldn't figure out until I actually tried it, too cool.

I started with Real read CS for my base card, cutting it down lengthwise at 4 1/4", then scored at 5 1/2".  Put my white CS on sized at 4 1/8"x 5 1/2", so just a bit of the sides showed from the red base.

Then I cut a small piece of the DSP about 1 1/8"wide by the length. Added the tiny piece of glimmer paper butted up to the DSP.  I used my Aqua pen very carefully and lightly picking up a bit of red from my ink pad.  Whisper White does not take water will, you could use Watercolor paper if you prefer.When it dried I cut and added my hearts and the little sentiment at the bottom.

Remember, right now if you place a $50 order you choose a gift from the SAB brochure for free, and you can do that for each $50 you spend.  Spend $150 and also get host credit on top of that. Lots of free stuff right now.

Be on the lookout for the other 2 cards, coming up soon.

No comments: