Saturday, March 25, 2017

Celebrate You, FMS280


It has been a little while since I've posted to my blog.  Life has just gotten in the way for awhile. But it was a good thing.  We had good friends stop and stay in their coach.  We spent a lot of time showing them the sights, and just visiting.   Any time left over I needed to recoup, I am far from where I would like to be with my energy and strength yet.

So, this week at FMS the sketch is so open to most anything. I had several ideas in my head, but this is something I haven't done in some time so I went with it as we do have the perfect stamp set for it.

When I first started stamping, way, way back in the dark ages, we used to make our own backgrounds, there was no (gasp) pattern paper.   I choose 2 leaves and one flower for my background, then looked over the colors until I found 3 I liked together.

Here is the sketch for this week:

The leaves have 2 stamps each, one for the base and one for the veins in the leaves. I used the same color for the veins, after I was done stamping all the elements. You could use a darker color, up to you, but I liked the subtle effect here.

I used a bit of black twine for some contrast and a stitched oval framelit for my sentiment.
There is a die set for this as well and I thought about cutting one of two pieces to layer under the sentiment piece, but it seemed busy enough to me.   I generally keep my on the simple side.

I hope you enjoyed, please check out all the cards, they are all wonderful.

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the background you created! The colors are so bright and beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

Your background is really pretty. Lovely card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love your beautifully made custom dsp. Such pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!