Monday, August 21, 2017

Sneak Peek, Santa Paws, 2017 Holiday catty, PP358


Yes, my first order went for lots of fun images that need to be colored. I'm ok with coloring, however my reasoning is just that I love the fun images so very much!  How can one not like Santa Paws?
This is the larges of the images in the stamp set, but especially if you love dogs and cats like I do, and they are so daggon cute, what's a person to do?

I have to admit, my photo taking didn't show the best part, the gold embossing, it is just hard to make embossing shine in photos.  The pretty gold star also isn't showing well.  But I think I have an idea to improve the lighting so hopefully soon I'll be able to show those aspects better.

Love, love, love the Merry Music DSP, both white and black in the holiday songs plus some neat designs on the back sides. 
If you love these stamps, but you really don't like to color, you could just emboss in gold or? and dress up the card in other ways.  They would still be cute.
My colors for this:  Real red, Peekaboo Peach, Tranquil Tide, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake.
I gold embossed, then used my blender pen and ink pads to color in the images.

I'm playing with the Paper Players this week. Here is the challenge and link for the site. I know you will want to check on everyone else's cards, the team's card are fantastic.

Thanks for coming by to look. so, what are your thoughts on this stamp set?


5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, the Merry Music paper is wonderful, isn't it? The layout of your card is lovely and photographing embossing is always tricky. If you crack that, I'd love to hear how you do it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute card, Lynn! Love the fun critter tree and how you colored it. The black background provides such great contrast, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Mary Lou Glick said...

What a fun card, Lynn!

MezzoKat said...

Ohhhhh no! There go my resolutions about getting only ONE stamp set from the Holiday catalog! Love the card.

Lynn Hoyt said...

I just love being an enabler. LOL. Pages 16-19, my favorites in the new catalog, such great graphics.