Monday, October 2, 2017

Merry Monday 259, Silver and gold Christmas card





A new challenge for Merry Monday this week.  Here is the fun challenge.

Add a Christmas Tree to your card.  Now, I have a couple sets new this season with trees I could have used, but I ended up going back to Lovely as a Tree.  That set has been in the catalog for as long as anyone can remember! It's a great set and never goes out of style.

I embossed in white using my Whisper White craft ink pad.  Then after I heated it, I added another layer of white and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I know you can't see the glitter in the photo, but it's very pretty.

I used paper from 2 different DSP sets, Merry Little Christmas and Bundle of Love.  I have been dying to use something from Bundle of Love, it's the gold piece on the background. It worked so well with the black piece from Merry Little Christmas.

I punched out a glimmer paper star using an old tiny punch for the tree top.


7 comments:

laurie said...

So elegant! beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous white embossed tree on the black! Just love the pattern paper behind too! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Great look with the silver and gold - fab card!
Lyn

Linda said...

Lovely card with your silver and gold. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

jasann said...

Hi there, Just love your card, and the colours are so beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!

stampwithsandy said...

What a striking card! Love the white tree against the black background.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.