Monday, December 25, 2017

Friendship, peek at new Occasions set, FMS#318


Yes, it's been a few days since I've posted.  It's been a bit crazy here, combine a terribly sick kitty with Christmas.  Poor little thing is still having issues so I'll have to contact the vet again tomorrow.
Freshly Made Sketches is leaving the current sketch up through the holidays, so there is plenty of time to play. Here is the sketch.
 Go here to play.

But today I had some calm time and was able to play with a new set from the Occasions catalog.  This is my favorite set from that catalog, I love how light, airy and whimsical the images and the fonts in this set are. 

I don't have the whole set of Blends just yet, (SU's new alcohol markers) but I used some of the colors I do have  and sponged the yellow background in.    I wanted to just color in the long stems on this embossing folder, but I had to use the back side to do that. Well, I could have sponged on color after embossing, but I decided I liked the "wrong" side just fine.  And is it ever wrong if you like it?  I encourage you to try coloring each side of your new embossing folders and see what comes of it.

I used my Memento Black as I was using the alcohol markers, you want to use a dye based pad for  alcohol fill in and an alcohol based pad for dye based markers or water based.  It was a fairly quick, easy coloring job and so cute!

Well, Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! Such a sweet image and that bit of embossing behind it is perfect! Great coloring!

Karren said...

Adorable image and such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.