Thursday, March 29, 2018

Bright Wishes, #fms330


I've been looking for an excuse to play with this set and this was it. Not exactly a great match for the sketch, but I had to do it.   I was attracted to this set when the catalog first came out, bought it and it's been sitting.  Such a pretty image.

I am using the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week.  See it here and check out the rest of the cards.      
I started by stamping with a versamark pad and embossing in black. Then used my Watercolor pencils to fill in.  They work really well on something like this, then I just went over one color at a time with the Aqua Brush.
I used Whisper white and Pacific Point Cardstock, and the pencil colors are: Pacific Point, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry Early Espresso and Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight.

I fussy cut around the image and popped it up with dots.  For the sentiment, I put it on a stitched oval, then cut both edges down.  Very simple, really.  The piece behind the well is from the Florish Thinlet die set.


2 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love the wishing well! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how pretty! I adore this card and the wishing well image you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!